The Resource Kit is designed to help event organisers and teachers prepare for Refugee Week. Click on the links below to download each section.
1. Background information on refugees: a brief introduction to refugees and refugee issues including definitions, basic facts and figures and a rundown of Australia's refugee program.
2. What is Refugee Week?: background information about the event.
3. Planning an event for Refugee Week: a detailed guide on event planning, including event ideas, tips for getting media coverage of your event, guidelines for working with people from refugee backgrounds and advice on evaluating the success of your event.
4. Myths and facts about refugees and asylum seekers: this chapter highlights some of the common myths about refugees and asylum seekers and aims to correct the record for people seeking accurate information about issues relating to refugees and asylum seekers.
5. Teacher resources: lesson plans, links to interesting websites with games and information specifically designed for kids, and ideas on how you can bring Refugee Week to your school.
6. Useful websites and refugee-related resources: links to key websites with refugee information packs as well as an extensive list of books, documentaries, films and online games focusing on refugee-related issues.
Appendix: sample event evaluation forms.